Tuesday, October 12, 2021

More UFO magazines from Italy, Chile and Russia ("Clypeus", "DIOVNI", and "Priroda i Anomalnye Yavleniya")

I have now uploaded more UFO magazines from ItalyChile and Russia (including "Clypeus", "DIOVNI", and "Priroda i Anomalnye Yavleniya") to various sections I had previously created on the AFU's website.



Italy section:

I have added scans of 79 issues of "Clypeus" and associated supplements to the Italy section.  "Clypeus" was edited by Italian UFO pioneer Giovanni ("Gianni") Settimo [1929-2017] for over 50 years. According to one of his friends and fellow Italian researchers, Edoardo Russo, Gianni Settimo "was strongly opposed to contactees and cultists, in years when most Italian UFO buffs were accepting them". 

 A small association called "Amici di Clypeus" (Clypeus Friends) was created and Gianni Settimo sold the journal name and rights to it (for a nominal fee of € 1). Edoardo Russo is the secretary of that group, which includes some Italian contacts (Gian Paolo Grassino, Paolo Toselli) and some of Clypeus long-time collaborators (Roberto D'Amico, Mario Cerrato, Luciano Bruno). I was informed by Edoardo Russo earlier today that the members of that group kindly unanimous voted to grant me permission to upload any and all Clypeus issues to the AFU's website. 

I hope that the 79 issues uploaded today (helpfully scanned by the AFU in Sweden) will be added to soon.


Chile section:
I have added "DIOVNI" magazine has been added to the Chile section. 

Overlapping scans of this publication were provided to me by Spanish researcher Luis R. González (author of a new book on aliens/UFOs on stamps, "An Alien in my Mailbox") and veteran Chilean researcher, Pablo Petrowitsch.  Pablo Petrowitsch helpfully let me know that the editors of "DIOVNI" magazine allowed reproduction of that magazine free of charge, which I think gives me sufficient permission to upload it.


Russia section

29 issues of "Priroda i Anomalnye Yavleniya" (AIAUFO) [Nature and anomalous phenomena] has been added to the Russia section, with thanks once to Ukrainian researcher Igor Kalytyuk for providing scans and letting me know that I am free to upload this publication.  



Although my main focus is now on progressing some other UFO projects, I'm continuing to upload some searchable PDFs. I hope to be able to upload another 100,000 or so pages of searchable PDFs to the online archive during the next few days, if permissions are received.  






No comments:

Post a Comment