Sunday, June 20, 2021

Updated collection of "Flying snake: A Journal of Cryptozoology, Folklore and Forteana" online

In 2018, I uploaded searchable PDFs of issues 1 to 13 of "Flying Snake : A Journal of Cryptozoology, Folklore and Forteana" with the permission of its editor - Richard Muirhead. Richard has now kindly agreed to my uploading issues 14 to 20 (and helpfully provided PDFs of these issues).

My personal focus remains on UFOs, but I'm happy to help those in the cryptozoology/fortean communities by getting more scans online (if relevant permissions can be obtained).

If any cryptozoology/fortean can get (or give) relevant permissions, just let me know. I can probably get scans done. Heck, I'm happy to send out further permission requests as well if those in the cryptozoology/fortean have recommendations for any newsletters or magazines in their fields that I haven't dealt with yet.  Also, of course, if anyone in those fields has done any scanning then I'd like to hear about that as well (either here or by email at isaackoi@gmail.com), since I don't want to spend my own time reinventing the wheel or cause anyone else to waste their time.

More cryptozoological newsletters and magazines will hopefully be online this week (although I'll be spending most of my spare time on UFO material). The cryptozoological newsletters covered so far are:
(1) the ISC's "Cryptozoology" journal and the ISC Newsletters - following indications by the former president of ISC and another former director that they had no objection to the upload,
(2) over 150 issues of Rip Hepple's Loch Ness "Nessletters" (with his permission),
(3) Mark A Hall's "Wonders" (with the blessing of Loren Coleman, who had been given the "sign off" by the late Mark A Hall),
(4) the first 45 issues of the UK's "Animals and Men" (with permission from Jon Downes of the Centre for Fortean Zoology )
(5) Ron Schaffner's "Creature Chronicles" (with the agreement of Blake Mathys, a researcher given permission by Ron Schaffner to make "Creature Chronicles" available online).
(6) Various "bigfoot" newsletters,
(7) Richard Muirhead's "Flying Snake" (with his permission),
(8) Many more general Fortean magazines/newsletters containing further cryptozoological material (after getting permissions from relevant editors/publishers)

Click on the image below for the "Flying Snake" folder I created on the AFU's website.




No comments:

Post a Comment