Thursday, February 24, 2022

2,000+ cool images of strange/novel aircraft (from Michael Huntington's "Clandestine airspace" archive) + small Python/Selenium coding challenge

I’d like (ideally with a bit of help from others, particularly those with a bit more coding experience – probably, but not necessarily, with Python / Selenium…) to develop a new archiving method for UFO material. This relates to images of UFOs/IFOs and related information. I think this possibility has considerable potential to help improve some aspects of UFO research. It’s worth a try anyway...

In short, I’d like to combine code that enables reverse image search results to be generated from locally stored images with code that enables the taking of snapshots of webpages.

Since both sets of codes already exist, I’m hoping that combining the two will be relatively simple (famous last words, I know…) and allow the batch creation of an archive of the results of reverse image searches on tens of thousands of UFO/IFO images.

To help with testing of code for this idea, I've created a folder on the AFU’s website containing the photos from one of Michael Huntington's Facebook albums ("Clandestine Airspace"), with his kind permission. That album includes over 2,000 images – most of which are, I think, pretty cool.

I think that a discussion forum, rather than social media or this blog, is the best venue to push this idea forward - so have posted more details on the AboveTopSecret.com discussion forum at this link : "UFO / IFO images : Coding challenge - batch reverse image searches (Python / Selenium?)".

I'll post more about this project here at a later date ... if it works.






No comments:

Post a Comment