Friday, February 16, 2024

More PDFs : "Journal of UFO History" (USA, 2004-2007) : Richard Hall of NICAP

The "Journal of UFO History" was edited by Richard Hall between 2004 and 2007.  Richard Hall was an officer of NICAP for about 10 years (from 1958 to 1969). Donald E Keyhoe was his mentor. He subsequently became involve in MUFON and FUFOR. 

Obituaries for Dick Hall can be found on the NICAP website, including one by Jerome Clark that concluded that "Under the sometimes fierce exterior, Dick was a warm, gentle, witty, and forever curious man ... He was a giant in ufology’s earth".
 
Richard Hall allowed issues of his "Journal of UFO History" to be put on Fran Ridge's NICAP website. Fran Ridge kindly gave me permission a while ago to include anything from the NICAP website in my archive hosted by the AFU.

Unfortunately, the set on the NICAP website only goes up to Volume 2 Number 6. 

I have a single issue after that (Volume 4 Number 4) and various other references to issues after the ones available on the NICAP website.

I've added the issues I've obtained so far to my online archive.

I've tried a few times during the last year to seek assistance from various UFO groups and researchers to fill in the gap after Volume 2 Number 6. Unfortunately, it seems no-one has electronic copies of this publication (which is a bit surprising as I think this publication was prepared, and circulated, as a PDF - so my request should not have involve any scanning effort).

My current inability to upload a full set of this relatively recent publication is a bit sad, not to mention ironic as one of the themes of this publication was the desirability of preserving and disseminating UFO material.

I still think that uploading the missing issues is just a matter of finding someone that received copies at the time (relatively recently, only a few yeras ago) and stored the PDF on their hard drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment