Thursday, March 23, 2023

Nearly 50% of very rare 1950s "Kalamazoo Flying Saucer Study Club" bulletins (Michigan, USA, 1950s)

The "Kalamazoo Flying Saucer Study Club" bulletin was published in the 1950s in Michigan, USA. Copies of that bulletin are now so rare that the massive UFO archive of the AFU in Sweden doesn't have a single issue. (Fans of the AFU will know that is means it's pretty darn rare...).

Bradley W Plaisier (@bpleasies on Twitter) has now helpfully provided me with scans of 9 out of 20 issues of that bulletin (being issues 12-20), combining material from the collections of Barry Greenwood and the Kalamazoo public library.

The material is from pre-1964 so I think, under the relevant USA copyright rules, this material is in the public domain unless their copyright was renewed by registration. 

I have therefore added these issues of "Kalamazoo Flying Saucer Study Club" bulletin therefore uploaded them to my USA folder.

I'll contact some of the usual suspects to see if they can locate any further issues in their collections, to try to complete this collection (or at least get over the 50% mark...).  Of course, anyone can contact me if they are ever able to fill in any gaps in the material I upload, without waiting to be asked individually.
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment