Saturday, February 20, 2021

26 issues of "Bigfoot Bulletin" (George Haas, 1960s-1970s) : searchable scans now online

The "Bigfoot Bulletin" was a newsletter published by George Haas of the "San Francisco Bay Area Bigfoot Research Organization" in 1969-1971

I raised this newsletter and about 10 others with Loren Coleman (a veteran cryptozoologist who has known most of the investigators in this field over the last few decades). Loren now runs the International Cryptozoology Museum, which has the mission of placing "as much of the field’s artifacts and literature in the eyes, and minds of cryptozoological students, as possible", and has inherited various collections. Loren has kindly told me that I can go ahead with uploading this newsletter and a couple of others.

A set of 26 issues has been scanned by the AFU in Sweden. I think this may be a complete set.  I have uploaded searchable scans of this set to the link below:

Some images of pages from about 24 issues had previously been put online by the nabigfootsearch.com website, at the link below, with the comment that Mr. Haas and his group of researchers "spent considerable time in the woods of Northern California, much more time then many researchers spend today" and that Mr. Haas' findings were "quite compelling". 

This upload follows my recent uploads of the ISC's "Cryptozoology" journals, the ISC NewslettersRip Hepple's Loch Ness newsletters, and Mark Opsasnick's "Bigfoot Abstract" newsletter.

This will hopefully be followed in the next few days by various other Bigfoot/cryptozoology newsletters (if I obtain relevant permissions). 


1 comment:

  1. Hello, when I click on the links provided I get a 403 forbidden error, is it possible to be emailed these pdfs?

    ReplyDelete