Tuesday, January 19, 2021

"The Cereologist" (UK 1990-2003), also known as "The Cerealogist", is now online

"The Cereologist" crop circle magazine (also known as "The Cerealogist" for some issues) is now online, with permission from one of the former editors, George Wingfield . This follows the uploading during the last week of some of the other best known and long running crop circle magazines, namely the "Sussex Circular" (with permission kindly granted to me by Andy Thomas) and "The Circular" (with permission kindly granted to me by Ray Cox and Margaret Novakovic).

"The Cereologist" was originally edited by John Michell, then by George Wingfield and finally by John Sayer. 

(The spelling of the title of the magazine changed over the years.  Most issues were entitled "The Cereologist", but some were entitled "The Cerealogist").

Publication ceased in 2003, with John Sayer explaining in the final issue that his health had been too poor to continue.   I've tried to reach John Sayer via various researchers and groups, but presume he is dead. George Wingfield has helpfully let me know that he believes he has the right to give me permission to upload this magazine (and has kindly given me that permission) and in any event is sure that John Sayer would not have objected.

(I'm grateful to Mark Fussell and Curt Collins for suggesting I contact George Wingfield and helping put me in touch with George).

The AFU in Sweden has scanned 36 issues. Since Issue 36 is expressed to be the final issue, I think this is a complete set. The AFU has also scanned a related booklet published by the "The Cereologist" on the history of crop circles.

I have uploaded material, in a searchable format, to the UK section of the AFU's online magazine archive.

(Some scans had previously been online on the website of The Croppie, which also has a considerable number of other resources in relation to Crop Circles).


  



No comments:

Post a Comment