Wednesday, January 18, 2023

PDFs: "Tampa Bay Skeptics Report" newsletter - substantially increased collection of searchable PDFs

A few years ago, Gary Posner kindly gave me permission to upload issues of the "Tampa Bay Skeptics Report".  At that time, I was able to help get scans of about 45 complete issues online as searchable PDFs with help from various members of my informal network of UFO groups / researchers. I have now used material on the "Tampa Bay Skeptics" website to create searchable PDFs from html versions of the text of selected articles from about another 50 issues. 

So, material from 95 issues of "Tampa Bay Skeptics Report" is now online.  

These additional issues of the "Tampa Bay Skeptics Report" join numerous other skeptical publications from around the world are already in my free online UFO / Fortean archive (e.g. from the UK John Rimmer's "Magonia" and his related publications in addition to Ian Mrzyglod's "Probe",  with newsletters from the USA including "Skeptic UFO Newsletter" by Philip Klass and Tim Printy's "SUNlite" and the newsletter of the "North Texas Skeptic"). More skeptical newsletters / magazines will be added very soon. I have also uploaded some other material written by leading skeptics, including a PDF archive of about 10,000 pages of Tweets by skeptics Mick West and Charlie Wiser (with their permission). I also hope to start uploading other material from a few prominent skeptics shortly. 

I don't like dealing with parts of a newsletter / magazine, so have previously generally refrained from uploading incomplete issues of a newsletter. However, I have taken the view in this instance that large parts of dozens of issues is better than not having any part of those issues in the archive. I have clearly marked the files that only contain the text of selected articles as "INCOMPLETE" in their file names. I still hope that I will get help replacing some of the incomplete issues with complete scans.

I'll see, in particular, if anyone in the "Tampa Bay Skeptics" Facebook group has scans of any further issues (or can replace any of the files marked as "INCOMPLETE").

Gary Posner also has his own website, with some further skeptical material - including in relation to UFOs. 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment