Friday, January 20, 2023

PDFs : Further skeptical newsleters - "Arizona Skeptic", "Phoenix Skeptics News" + "Georgia Skeptics" newsletter

I have added 3 more sets of skeptical newsletters to the folder for newsletters from the USA in my UFO / Fortean online archive. These are: the "Arizona Skeptic", "Phoenix Skeptics News" and the "Georgia Skeptics" newsletter

Jim Lippard has kindly given me the green light to add copies of the "Arizona Skeptic" newsletter and the "Phoenix Skeptics News" to my free online archive. The first six issues of the newsletter were the "Phoenix Skeptics News" (in 1987 to mid 1988, being Volume 1 Issues 1 to 6). The name of the newsletter was then changed to the "Arizona Skeptic" from July 1988 (so the publication with that name begins with "Volume 2 Issue 1") and continued until Volume 7 Issue 1 in 1994 ).

Also, looking at copies of the newsletter of the Georgia Skeptic yesterday I noticed that they contain editorials stating that the material they contain "may be used by anyone" (e.g. in Volume 4 No 1), so I have added 18 issues to my online archive. This collection is incomplete. I have seen references to a dead ftp site that may have had more issues of the newsletter of the George Skeptics, but not yet been able to locate an archive of that website.

When dealing with these publications, I found several lists online of skeptical newsletters. Most of those are now (with permission of relevant researchers / groups) in my online archive. A handful are not in the archive because I have received a negative response to a permission request (or no response at all) or the material is currently online behind paywalls so I have presumed that seeking permission to make the material freely available online would be a waste of my time. However, I have now seen a few skeptical newsletters mentioned on Jim Lippard's website and also elsewhere (and also in a collection donated to the AFU by Michael Hutchinson) that I have not yet sought permission to include in my online archive. I will therefore be sending out some additional permission requests tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment