Friday, January 13, 2023

Canadian "Cosmos Express" newsletters (UFOs, 1970s): articles include "UFOLOGY : IS IT A SCIENCE?"

Looking at a Canadian UFO newsletters from the 1970s ("Cosmos Express") during my lunch break, I noticed that an editorial in it stated that this publication could be reprinted or quoted in whole or in part (in issue 7 at page 18).

So, I've uploaded 4 issues to my free online UFO / Fortean archive hosted on the website of the AFU in Sweden (issues numbers 1, 5, 6 and 7), in the folder for Canadian UFO newsletters.

This set is incomplete. Barry Greenwood in the USA has further issues and I'll ask him if he has time to scan some of them, but I thought I'd share these 4 issues first and see if anyone else in the UFO community has already scanned any other issues. As always, I want to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Issue 1 of "Cosmos Express" begins with an article entitled "UFOLOGY : IS IT A SCIENCE?". That article includes the following:

"the evident lack of coordination between the diverse research teams cascade multiple efforts that in the long run come to no avail...".

If anyone else spots any similar statement in a UFO newsletter that it can be reprinted in full or in part, let me know if I haven't already uploaded it.  Most UFO newsletters and magazines (and UFO books for that matter) from around the world have been scanned and it's very easy to get them online, if permission has been granted. 





1 comment: